Proving Your Identity and Address
‚ÄčAt ALD Automotive, we take due diligence very seriously, and therefore we may ask you to provide additional documentation to prove your identity or your address when you apply for finance or wish to change any of the personal details we hold about you. This is not only to meet UK money laundering regulations, but also to help stop criminals from using financial products or services for their own benefit.


What do I need to provide?


Existing customers requesting to change their details with us:

To guard against fraud, you will need to pass identity verification checks when you contact us to change any of your details. Depending on what you wish to change, we may require proof.


New customers applying for finance:

In order to confirm your identity, we will need to verify your name and address. There are two ways to do this:


  • We may be able to check your identity electronically by using credit reference agencies to search sources of information relating to you (an identity search); this search will not affect your credit rating unless you proceed with the agreement.


  • We may also ask you to provide additional evidence. If we do ask, please provide copies of original items (i.e. PDF files, scanned copies). We are not able to accept files downloaded onto Word or Excel. These proofs must meet the criteria stated below.


Acceptable Proofs


Proof of Identification


Signed UK passportMust be valid
Full UK driving licence Must be valid
Full photo card driving licenceMust be valid
Full photo card driving licence from an EU/EEA countryMust be valid
Full EEA passport or EU member state ID cardMust be valid
UK disability blue badge with photoMust be for current year
National Identity Card (only acceptable for EEA or Swiss National customers)Must be valid
Northern Ireland voters card Must be valid
UK Biometric Residence Permit on sight of own country passport Must be valid
Firearms Certificate or Shotgun Licence (photo card)Must be valid



Proof of Address


Full UK driving licence (inc. old style paper)Must be valid
UK-based bank or building society statement (inc. credit card providers)Must be less than 3 months old
UK mortgage statementMust be less than 12 months old
UK gas or electricity bill Must be less than 3 months old
UK phone and broadband bill (not mobile)Must be less than 3 months old
UK council tax billFor the current year
UK Credit Union statement Must be less than 3 months old
Tenancy agreement from housing association or local councilFor the current year showing live tenancy
Benefits Agency letter (Department of Work and Pensions, Jobcentre Plus, Child Benefit Office or Veterans Agency) confirming your right to benefitsMust be less than 3 months old
HMRC tax documentation (either; tax notice, coding assessment, statement, credit document, or notice of tax code)Must be for current year
Electoral register entry Must be for current year





All proofs must be valid as per the tables above, and clearly state your full name and, where required, your current address and income.


Proofs of who you are and where you live must be from different sources - for example, a Tax Notification Letter can't be used alongside a Child Benefit Letter as they are both issued by HMRC.


Please provide copies of original items (i.e. PDF files, scanned copies). We are not able to accept files downloaded onto Word or Excel.


If you're using a multi-page document such as a bank statement, please send all pages.


Your address must appear exactly as it does on your letters from us. If your address is incorrect on our letters, please contact us. If it is registered incorrectly with the Royal Mail, please contact them directly.