We pride ourselves on our reputation for acting fairly and ethically wherever we do business.
Our reputation is built on our values as a company, the values of our employees and our collective commitment to acting with integrity throughout our organisation.
ALD Automotive Ltd is a leading UK Vehicle leasing organisation. Whilst our parent company ALD International operates globally, our main area of operation is the UK. We pride ourselves on our reputation for acting fairly and ethically wherever we do business. Our reputation is built on our values as a company, the values of our employees and our collective commitment to acting with integrity throughout our organisation.
ALD Automotive Ltd condemns corruption in all its forms and we will not tolerate it in our business or in those we do business with. From the confines of our working environments, it is sometimes difficult to grasp the scale of the damage that bribery does to societies. It is not a victimless crime; far from it:
"Corruption … undermines democracy and the rule of law, leads to violations of human rights, distorts markets, erodes the quality of life and allows organised crime, terrorism and other threats to human security to flourish. This evil phenomenon is found in all countries - big and small, rich and poor…corruption hurts the poor disproportionately by diverting funds intended for development, undermining a government's ability to provide basic services, feeding inequality and injustice and discouraging foreign aid and investment. Corruption is a key element in economic underperformance and a major obstacle to poverty alleviation and development." (Kofi Annan, former UN Secretary General) .
ALD Automotive Ltd comply with the group Codes of Conduct, (SG Group Code of Conduct (COC) & ALDI Code of Ethics (COE), held on Locate) which set out in detail how you should behave and what you should do if you are confronted with corruption. We expect that all of you will embrace these codes and this policy and use them in all aspects of your day-to-day work.
These Codes are for your benefit as much as for ALD Automotive Ltd’s. If convicted of a bribery offence, ALD Automotive Ltd might get a significant fine and suffer lasting reputational damage. If you are convicted of a bribery offence, you could face up to ten years in prison and a significant fine. The potential harm done by bribery, both to ALD Automotive Ltd and to you, is long term and hugely outweighs any potential short term gain. Bribery is just not worth the risk.
If you have any doubts about anything at all, refer to the SG Group COC and ALDI COE, held on Locate or this policy and/or you can speak to your manager or the Head of Operational Risk or the HR Director in complete confidence.
We are committed to eradicating corruption and we will stand by you in acting ethically. This policy and the above codes are also circulated via Policy Hub.
Remember, take the RIGHT approach, and we can eradicate corruption together:
- Responsibility. You are responsible for your actions. If you break the law, you will have to face the consequences - which could mean a fine, imprisonment, or both.
- Integrity. Don't compromise your integrity. If you think something is wrong, ALWAYS report it. If you aren't sure, consult the documents referred to above. Don't ever let yourself be forced into doing something you know or suspect is wrong.
- Genuineness. Always pay genuine prices for genuine goods and services. Never pay over the odds. Agents who ask for especially large fees or commissions may do so in order to pay bribes on your behalf. If this happens, you will be responsible. Excessive payments are obvious and will always be uncovered
- Honesty. Act honestly and in good faith at all times and in all aspects of your work.
- Transparency. Keep accurate records (including all invoices and receipts) of everything that you do, especially in relation to the payments you make and what they are for. Full and accurate records demonstrate complete transparency and that you have nothing to hide. Always enter all gifts, perks or hospitality into the company database and always gain your line manager’s approval in writing before accepting any gift, perk or hospitality.
Don't bribe. Do the RIGHT thing.
ALD Automotive Ltd